The Chesapeake Chapter of CAI is an educational and resource organization dedicated to fostering vibrant, competent, harmonious community associations. Members of the Chesapeake Chapter along with the Washington Metro Chapter, serve together on the Maryland Legislative Action Committee (MD-LAC).
[Brochure] [Click here to make a donation to the MD-LAC].
The MD-LAC is an arm of the Community Associations Institute
(CAI). We represent the interests of our chapter members
before state legislatures and agencies on issues such as assessment
collection, foreclosures and construction defects.
- MD-LAC members are
volunteer homeowners, attorneys, service providers and professional
managers who work directly with community associations on
a day-to-day basis.
- Members of the MD-LAC and its professional
lobbyist are always ready and willing to work with our elected
representatives to address issues and, where needed, share
our experience with legislation that will benefit community
- Periodically chapter members receive legislative
updates requesting their assistance in contacting their legislators
regarding specific legislation that impacts the community association
CAI has created a State Statutes and Information Guide to serve as a tool for CAI members to quickly locate information on existing community association related laws within the 50 states. In addition to providing access to state statutes and regulations, the guide also provides a list of links for state specific community association information and resources. Click here to access this guide.
Legislative accomplishments would not be possible without the financial support to hire lobbyists who use our resources to engage in efficient grassroots campaigns and advocate for public policy that works in America's community associations. Please take this opportunity to have a voice on legislation that affects community association operations and your business by contributing to the Maryland Legislative Action Committee and donating here: www.caionline.org/LACdonate. If you have questions, contact Matthew Green at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MARYLAND GENERAL ASSEMBLY WEBSITE [here]
Below are some helpful links that will help guide you through the website:
Frequently Asked Questions
User Guide to Maryland General Assembly Website
Maryland Condominium Act & Maryland Homeowners Association Act:
(Please follow instructions below to view)
- Go to the following Web Address http://www.lexisnexis.com/hottopics/mdcode/
- Click on "I agree" if the you wants to access the laws
- After clicking agreement, a web page comes up listing the laws of the state. The Maryland Condominium Act and the Maryland Homeowners Association Act are part of "Real Property"
- The next step is to click on the "plus" sign that is next to "Real Property"
- The Maryland Condominium Act and the Maryland Homeowners Association Act are contained in the expanded listing of the Real Property Code and may be accessed by clicking on them.
2017 REGULAR SESSION- BILLS BY SUBJECT:
Please note: The 2017 General Assembly convened on January 11. Only a few bills have been introduced at this time. Please check later for updates on legislation affecting common ownership communities.
- Link to condominium legislation for 2017 General Assembly: [here]
- Link to HOA legislation for 2017 General Assembly: [here]
Government & Public Affairs Department
Phone: (888) 224-4321
Fax: (703) 970-9558